If you left town without getting your property back, please follow these instructions:

  1. Download, print, and complete this Statement to Authorize Return of Property.
  2. In the statement, name a person who will be able to pick up your property as the authorized person. Your best option for this is a friend or relative who lives in Minnesota. Your second best option is your attorney (especially if you don’t have photo identification available). If neither of these options are available to you, call Coldsnap Legal Collective (651.356.8635). Coldsnap cannot guarantee assistance, but we will do our best to help.
  3. Have your statement notarized. Kinkos or your local bank are common options for notaries.
  4. Fax or overnight mail the notarized statement and along with copies of identifying documents (see the form for more info) to the authorized person you named in the statement and tell them to take it to the correct location (see below) with their own photo ID BY FRIDAY.

To get your case number and tracking number call Records at 651.266.5700.

To confirm whether your property is at the SPPD or the Impound Lot, call 651.266.5637. Getting through on this number has been inconsistent.

If you were charged with a misdemeanor at the time of your arrest, your property is probably at the Impound Lot Container, 830 Barge Channel Road (Hwy 52 & Concord).

If you were charged with a gross misdemeanor or felony at the time of your arrest, your property is probably at the St. Paul Police Department, 437 Grove Street.

NOTE: If you do not get your property back THIS WEEK, it is our understanding that you will have to make an appointment to get it back.